Our client, a growing VC firm, has an opening for a Vice President of Human Resources.
The VP Human Resources will lead HR and provide overall leadership of all strategic and tactical HR initiatives. This position will play a key role in assisting the executive team to build out the HR infrastructure to support exponential growth. The VP Human Resources creates and develops HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Develops programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company
- Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company
- Creates the performance management system that includes performance improvement plans and employee development programs
- Creates in-house employee training system that addresses the company’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer
- Creates the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce
- Creates the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Develops benefits orientations and other benefits training
- Development and maintenance of the HR sections of both the internet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and intranet sites
- Leads the company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- BA required; Master’s degree desired
- SHRM SCP or HRCI SPHR
- Minimum 15 years of HR/People experience in a fast paced/high growth environment
- Presence to act as Head Office senior leader, coordinating with the Sr. Director of Operations and Strategic Projects
- Experience in “Start-Up” environment, developing HR infrastructure with the willingness and drive to “roll up your sleeves”
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational development (OD) experience is a must as you will design and implement scalable HR programs, policies & procedures, compensation & benefits, staffing solutions, training & development, employee relations and more
- Must have a strong attention to detail and ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, a “systems builder” with deep knowledge of best practices and industry trends
- M&A experience is a plus
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading consulting and recruiting firm that provides Finance, Accounting and HR solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.