Our client, an innovative thriving AI company in Palo Alto, is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist who will own the timely and accurate processing of payroll. The successful candidate is organized, flexible and have incomparable attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage all payroll operations related to employee compensation, bonuses, equity transactions, benefits, etc.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of effective payroll processes, policies, and internal controls
- Respond to employee inquiries and request regarding payroll matters, facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures
- Ensure compliance with all payroll tax laws and consistently up- to date on guidance for taxation of salaries and benefits in various states
- Administers the company stock option plan, including issuance and redemption of stocks, option grants, exercise and termination
- Reconcile all payroll accounts for month end
- 10+ years’ experience in payroll for 100+ employee companies (venture-backed or other private companies preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience implementing new payroll system
- Outstanding communication skills, written/verbal, and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills with an unparalleled attention to detail
- Flexible and can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with month-end close processes, including account reconciliations and accruals
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- Experience with a total HRIS is a plus
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading consulting and recruiting firm that provides Finance, Accounting and HR solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.