Seeking a Senior Cost Accountant for one of our fast-growing clients. This client is a mid to late stage startup medical device company in Menlo Park, CA. The Senior Cost Accountant must also have strong communication skills, advanced levels in Excel and Word and the leadership ability to run an audit. This is a senior level individual contributor role. The right candidate will take pride in their work and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function. This will be in support of monthly close activities, including preparation or review of journal entries and accruals
- Review and reconcile all inventory accounts each month for all site locations
- Calculate reserves for excess and obsolete inventory, inventory turns, and capitalized variances
- Provide support for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting and inventory activities
- Assist in implementation and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, building controls and processes
- Prepare monthly reporting metrics relating to COGS and inventory analysis.
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers
- Experience in and strong communication with interacting with cross functional teams: manufacturing, engineering, quality, purchasing, production control, materials, and outside vendors
- Support BOMs (Bill of Materials) and labor rates and cycle time
- Manage audit schedules and other related audit events
- Reconcile truck stock
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent; CMA, CPA, or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in cost accounting and analysis
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) required
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences.