Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.
MM consultants enjoy salary, benefits, paid training and professional development, bonus potential and flexible hours with excellent work/life balance! This position is perfect for the candidate who desires the flexibility and the interesting and diverse client-base of consulting work paired with the stability of a regular corporate role. As an MM employee, you are exposed to engaging entrepreneurs and diverse industries which keeps things fresh and interesting while working with a knowledgeable team of coworkers who are never too busy to answer a question or lend a hand. Consultants spend their time working mostly in the South Bay and Peninsula, with availability to go to San Francisco as needed.
We are seeking a Sr. Accountant for a full-time or near full-time position with our internal team who possesses the following experience:
- Strong foundation of US GAAP reporting
- Month-end close
- Consolidation accounting
- Financial statement preparation
- Financial analysis and budgeting
- Full-cycle A/P & A/R
- G/L reconciliations
- Revenue recognition
- Payroll preparation, full cycle
- Support for various accounting projects
- Knowledge of one or more: QuickBooks Online and/or QuickBooks desktop, NetSuite, QAD, Dynamics, ADP, Gusto
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- MBA or CPA a plus
- 3-5+ years’ relevant experience
- CPA firm audit training and experience a plus
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing start-up environment
- Work with start-ups is highly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & oral communication skills
If you are a dedicated professional ready for the next step in your career, Murdock Martell would like to hear from you. Please send your resume and salary requirements for consideration.