We have an Office Manager / Accountant position opening with our client, an early stage growing biotech company located in Burlingame. We are looking for an individual who is hands-on and self-directed with the opportunity to grow as the company scales in revenue and size.
The position is a combination Office Manager and Accountant. This employee will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks as well as entry-level accounting. The position will originally be responsible for vendor management including transacting A/P and credit card transactions in QuickBooks and provides for taking on more advanced accounting responsibilities.
This position requires strong organization skills, the ability to prioritize, a basic understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP and the ability to effectively interact at with various levels of employees and management. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to learn and grow along with the company.
- A/P, check runs, vendor management, sales/use tax accrual, reconciliations, closing journal entries for standard accounts
- HR administration
- Support all month-end close activities in accordance with US GAAP within the required deadlines,including analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing journal entries and supporting schedules for standard accruals
- Monthly balance sheet and income statement flux analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your areas of responsibilities
- Credit card management and reconciliation
- Support for audits, due diligence and other information requests
- Assist in preparation of annual forms 1099/1096
- Provide administrative support to C-level, VP and other employees; order office/kitchen supplies; receptionist and light shipping/receiving duties
- Logistics for board, investor and other meetings
- Other projects as required
- BS degree in Business/Accounting
- CPA desired
- 4+ years of experience as an Office Manager and/or 2+ years Accounting experience
- Solid accounting background, with adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Able to work independently and self-motivate with a flexible can-do attitude
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Expensify a plus