Our client, an AI company in Richmond, is looking for a Controller. This Series A startup company is building game-changing technology to bring clean energy to commercial and other markets.
You will lead the company’s accounting and finance efforts during the deployment of a recent, significant Series A through headcount growth, preparing for its financial audit, controls implementation, and systems expansion. You will supervise one accountant and report to the Consulting CFO with significant interface with the CEO. You will work on both accounting infrastructure and business analysis.
- Public Accounting background
- Exposure to entities in the energy or clean energy space
- Experience with entities having project P&L tracking
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter having demonstrated multiple examples of taking initiative
- Intermediate or higher Excel skills
- Past Accounting Manager or Controller experience
- Experience with project funding – set up, tracking and reporting
- Systems experience with QuickBooks and mid-level applications such as NetSuite, Intacct or others
- Experience with other applications such as Carta, Bill.com, expense management
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.