We have an amazing AP Manager role with a growing E-commerce start-up located in Oakland. The company offers an amazing culture and is growing quickly.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager ensures that all expenses, invoices, and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be detailed and deadline-oriented, operational, and can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and participate in the day-to-day Accounts Payable processes including reviewing invoices for proper coding and approval with an understanding of the 3-way match of purchase order, receipts, and invoices
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices, credit memos, rebates and allowances as well as other vendor communication are properly addressed
- Ensure invoices are accurately coded and have the appropriate documentation and approval
- Work with Merchandising & Inventory Management team to verify and match vendor invoices to purchase orders
- Oversee the procure-to-pay process from purchase order initiation to disbursements for timeliness, control, and customer experience
- Maintain policies and procedures for corporate credit cards, complete monthly reconciliation with the general ledger and address escalated issues
- Follow up with customers / vendors regarding payment inquiries and billing issues.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9’s, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance; keep tidy, timely and accurate records for the 1099 process
- Oversee the preparation of payments via ACH and occasional checks/wires
- Assist with financial audit preparation and other compliance requirements
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Opportunity to be promoted and manage AP staff accountant(s) as the business grows
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related accounting field a plus
- Experience with a retail company with inventory required
- 5+ years of experience with Accounts Payable
- Experience with NetSuite, QuickBooks preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven vendor management experience
- Detail oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Experience in a high-growth company
- People management experience
- Critical thinking skills; ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong sense of ownership and bias for action
Murdock Martell, Inc. is a leading financial consulting and recruiting firm that provides solutions to established and emerging growth companies. We represent some of the strongest companies in the Bay Area with an emphasis in technology and life sciences start-ups.